Advantage JDBC Driver: A high-performance type 4 JDBC driver
The Advantage JDBC Driver has been designed to allow Java developers to maintain the industry-standard independent connectivity between Java applications and Advantage Database Server.
The Advantage JDBC Driver is JDBC 2.0-compliant and passes 100 percent of the relevant JDBC CTS tests. It facilitates a fast link between Advantage, Java IDEs and applications. The Advantage JDBC Driver is written completely in Java and is self-contained within one distributable module. No other Advantage client piece is needed for the Advantage JDBC Driver to communicate to the Advantage Database Server.
- Type 4 JDBC driver
- JDBC 2.0 compliant
- Native access to Advantage Database Server
- Certified for Java Runtime Environment 1.3 or greater
- Supported data encryption for enhanced security
- Supports full read-committed transaction processing
- SQL grammar support for most of the ANSI SQL-92 standard
- Provides access to ADS and DBF file formats
- Supports updateable and scroll sensitive result sets (live cursor)
- Provides query progress information and query cancellation capability